wrigley's/ bannister lake

ricardo

I've been fishing for only 2 years but have taken a great passion for it. And I've tried many places out around cambridge but the place I always end up going to to "atleast catch a few" is wrigleys lake. Now I come to here that ythey didn't spray the lake this year so the weeds are really high, and I also have seen people catch far over their limits in panfish. I show up to see a man who had 4 empty cans of worms and 2 big pales filled with bluegill and crappy. I mean full. He had a hard time to carry them. I sat there for two hours not catching a thing besides catfish. I wish people wouldn't abuse such a great resource.

I had to rant. Because now it seems I have very few shoreline spots to fish due to others.

Stop your blubbering. :tease: I can't believe you are complaining about people not spraying chemicals on weeds beside the lake for you. As for the alleged 'over-limit' guy, the regulations say that the crappie limit is 30 and sunfish 50. Did he have more than 80 fish? How many crappie and bluegill do you estimate to make up a bucket?

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@letsfish/documents/document/mnr_e001335.pdf

As far as I can tell, you do not have any solid proof of any wrong doing. If you figure they are way over limit for sure call the MNR tip line. I am not even sure how to respond to the tall weed complaint.

Relax, go fishing, somewhere else if you do not like that spot any more. There are tons of places to shore fish in your area.

I agree 100 percent with your sentiment that no one needs two full buckets of fish to take home but if it is within the law then you can't really say anything.