Navionics chips - premium or platinum?

Fisherpete

Currently running the Gold, and it is OK, but I want more detail and 1' contour lines. I will be running this in My Lowrance Elite 5. Can anyone tell me the differences between the premium and the platinum chips? It looks like the lake lists are the same, and the HD lakes with the 1' contours are also the same. The price difference ($165 vs $200) is not a big deal, just wondering what extras the platinum has to offer.

thanks

Peter

Edited by Fisherpete

The difference between the Premium and the Platinum is that the Platinum gives you High-resolution satellite photo overlay, 3-Dimensional view and Panoramic port photo.

So basically the maps will look prettier LOL, and I suppose the 3D view could help in finding certain structure. Sounds good for an extra $35.

I saw those features on the Navionics site but wasn't sure if you had to have a high-end system like a HDS or if it would work on my Elite 5.

depending on the area you are fishing the platinum+ is better around the great lakes for detail with the built in "fishin chip" once you get out of there the hot map chips give you amazing detail but none of the google earth overlays i have both the plat+ and hot map chips

depending on the area you are fishing the platinum+ is better around the great lakes for detail with the built in "fishin chip" once you get out of there the hot map chips give you amazing detail but none of the google earth overlays i have both the plat+ and hot map chips

I believe I have the platinum, if your interested in Savin a few bucks but buyin used shoot me a pm