NF - Got Netflix then the bell bill came....

atvaholic

Well it turns out Cogeco countered when I was about to cancel, and I'm going to save $15 per month now which brings it to almost the same price as Start.ca...

Competition is a great thing! Thanks again for the info, the money saved will be used for boat gas this summer (well 2 or 3 squirts per month worth haha)

+1 to Acanac, I use them personally. Good deal on the first year, then the rate goes up, but you don't have to stick with them. No complaints about their service. Unlimited bandwidth.

I've used both Bell/Rogers for various services, don't like either of them, ESPECIALLY Rogers.

Well it turns out Cogeco countered when I was about to cancel, and I'm going to save $15 per month now which brings it to almost the same price as Start.ca...

Competition is a great thing! Thanks again for the info, the money saved will be used for boat gas this summer (well 2 or 3 squirts per month worth haha)

Really? From what I have read on other sites, they didn't seem to care if you cancelled to switch to Start. Consider yourself lucky. Beats having to pay the install fee and modem fee's.

Really? From what I have read on other sites, they didn't seem to care if you cancelled to switch to Start. Consider yourself lucky. Beats having to pay the install fee and modem fee's.

Yes for sure. Start.ca waives the installation fee of $50 if you have existing Cable Hi-Speed Internet actually. So my decision was based on the modem purchase fee pretty much equalling the $5 per month difference over the year, and being able to keep our @cogeco.ca emails for what little that worth is...

This discounted price is only good for a year, so I will call again at the end of the term and cancel at that time if they intend to raise my monthly rate back up to $69.95 from $54.95, and switch to Start.ca at that time. cool.gif

Edited by tonyb