Christmas Redemption

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

A few days ago my friends and I were treated to some tragic Christmas news; while passing through the Barrie area on his way home, one of our good friends from high school was involved in an accident and was killed. This has put a huge damper on the Christmas spirit as everyone copes in whatever way they can.

I just wanted to tell my fellow OFC'ers about how my Christmas was saved by my children, specifically my 2.5 year old son. Having no spirit of my own left I slowly began to feed off his energy. By late Christmas Eve, after watching him give and receive presents with the family, I got my spirit back. Probably stronger than it's been in years. Children are the greatest gift a man could ever receive. Merry Christmas everyone. RIP Dave.

Sorry to hear the news Doc.. especially this time of year. My heart and well wishes go out to friends and family. I fully understand the children part of your story though and I can take it one step further. My kids are 25 and 22. The Christmas spirit has not been much to write home about for a number of years now. HOWEVER my 3 1/2 year old grandson just gave grandpa and grandma a full helping of that again this year :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: Little kids, and family at Christmas will pretty much cure anything.