Any Steelhead on the Niagara River?

OntarioFlyGuy

The guide should have re-scheduled your trip if it was Mon or Tues this week when you went. With the high winds this past weekend, the Eastern basin of Lake Erie was churned up and muddy. The result is a muddy Niagara River, and with poor visibility comes difficult fishing.

Here is an aerial view of the Eastern Basin and the muddy plume of water dumping into Lake Ontario (top right corner of photo). The file is from November 12th, early on in that big wind storm. It would have been significantly worse come Monday!

a1.11316.1815.LakeErie.143.250m.jpg

Best of luck in the future, don't give up on the River so easy though, it's truly world class! (when the conditions allow!)

We'll try it again but going solo next time.

Very impressed with the satellite image you attached.

What website do you get the satellite images from?

the niagara is truly a great fishery ,,,this time of year with the winds stirring up erie the fishing can be tough when the water is muddy..the trout shut down and don"t want to spend any energy,,you just hit it at bad time,,the guide you had probably knew this and did his best moving from spot to spot but he cannot predict the weather and fishing is fishing have never heard of any bad guides on the river,,,sure some better than others but i"m sure he gave an honest effort,,it is his liveleyhood and reputation..struckout the first three times i was there years ago when i started fishing the river but i know when you hit it right with the right presentation you will be amazed