Pary Sound fishing advise

tb4me

Good evening to all! As it so happens, the family and I are going to Parry Sound this weekend. We have friends there. Anyway he has his own boat and is also fairly new to the area. We would love some pointers and or ideas for targeting pike and possibly Lake Trout?. Anyone on here fish the south channel... I hear its always windy out there and was thinking of tucking behind Elizabeth island.. Is this a good area to fish? Any suggestions?

Thanks Folks!

The south channel is a great place to fish, once the cottages are closed and the boat traffic subsides, you've picked a good weekend. SM Bass, Pike and Walleye are your best bet but lakers and muskie are in there as well just harder to find. I'll be going out of Rose Point Marina this weekend shoot me a PM and I'll give you some info.

The south channel is a great place to fish, once the cottages are closed and the boat traffic subsides, you've picked a good weekend. SM Bass, Pike and Walleye are your best bet but lakers and muskie are in there as well just harder to find. I'll be going out of Rose Point Marina this weekend shoot me a PM and I'll give you some info.

Lake Trout are closed!

Thanks for heads up ,John..Rest assured I was just looking for advice. I will be checking the regs before a line hits the water, as always when fishing a new place. so jigging with minnows for waleye sounds like what we will do. Does anyone else have any other sudgestions for us? I would like to catch some monster pike..Share some tricks would ya! lol