6 Canadian soldiers killed

lew

Terry, I agree with your sentiment and what you said.

It is extremely sad to hear about our solders being placed in harms way, and terrible to hear when tragedies of this nature take place.

We taught them that the distance between where they are and where we are means nothing and the oceans on our shores are not large enough to stop them from coming here and doing what they want. Yes I refer to 911, but let us not forget the 18 or 20 individuals whom have been waiting for their day in court that were arrested almost 2 years ago in Toronto for terrorism. From the little that has leaked it is plain that this is not just a smoking thing from dry ice but has a real fire under it. It'll take time to iron the whole thing out and I'm sure not all arrested should have been, but there will be those that it was the correct thing to be done. And that makes it all the sadder.

So, it's not the 1960's, it post 911 and we have one choice, fight now there and attempt to change what we can or wait and who know what building or sub-way or what have you will be the next target.

I hate this, I hate that we need to be there, I wish it was what I feel every time I'm on Erie, or Simcoe or some place and have a smallie just smash the jerk I'm fishing. I wish everyone everywhere felt that and not that for some reason or another that they have to expend all their energy and resources to do things like were committed on 911.

Most of all, I hope these and those who have fallen before them, that their families realize at what high esteem these men and women are held by all of us, regardless to our opinions of this particular action our Armed Forces are involved in.

Wayne Gatt