NF - Removing name from title without a lawyer

ch312

is it possible to remove a co-signer (family) from the title of a mortgage free house without using a lawyer? it will make thing's much easier for me in the future, but it's more of a convenience thing. i'm not liking the quotes of $425+ for a lawyer to do it.

can i do it myself? any OFNers wanna give me a deal? :thumbsup_anim:

is it possible to remove a co-signer (family) from the title of a mortgage free house without using a lawyer? it will make thing's much easier for me in the future, but it's more of a convenience thing. i'm not liking the quotes of $425+ for a lawyer to do it.

can i do it myself? any OFNers wanna give me a deal? :thumbsup_anim:

I wanted to make a change on a title and was told by the government department responsible that I would need a lawyer to do it because everything is on electronic title. No paperwork to submit - meaning only lawyers who pay for access can make changes to titles.

Edited by NWO Fishing

You can do it yourself !

Go to the nearest service ontario and they will walk you through everything. It costs about $200 for registering the documents.

You will have to prepare a Deed/Transfer or a Document General. The Deed/Transfer would transfer from you and your spouse as an example to your spouse.

Although you can be removed from title, being removed from the mortgage is more difficult.

Good luck !

You can do it yourself !

Go to the nearest service ontario and they will walk you through everything. It costs about $200 for registering the documents.

You will have to prepare a Deed/Transfer or a Document General. The Deed/Transfer would transfer from you and your spouse as an example to your spouse.

Although you can be removed from title, being removed from the mortgage is more difficult.

Good luck !

service ontario? really?

i guess i'll be heading to the office tomorrow to get thing's started. i don't like the idea of a lawyer pocketing $200+ for something i can do myself.

many thanks, balsam laker :canadian:

Edited by ch312

You can do it yourself !

Good luck !

i called the service ontario "land transfer branch" in brantford and was told that everything is electronic now and this can't be done without a lawyer. you could do it yourself before everything went electronic, but not now.

hopefully i just called the wrong place?

i called the service ontario "land transfer branch" in brantford and was told that everything is electronic now and this can't be done without a lawyer. you could do it yourself before everything went electronic, but not now.

hopefully i just called the wrong place?

That's too bad, I just had a client transfer title by himselp into his name after the death of his spouse here in durham region. He had to provide proper documents, but service ontario walked him through it all fine.

If you time go to the service ontario and ask for the help of a conveyancer. They are the ones who file paperwork on the lawyers behalf and should still save you some coin...maybe Bratford has different rules...shouldn't this is a straight forward transfer.