Bancroft

lakemaster

Hi we just bought a cottage in bancroft near the town I am just wondering if their is any good fishing area near there thanks :D by the way i caught some pretty nice bass in our lake :D I just kept two release about 8 large mouth bass, I caught one bigger than this one but let it go because The big one is not to good for eating it taste like mud :D by the way does anyone know if theres a fish in that river near the town it look like a good habitat for pike and bass.

023.JPG

Edited by Rjay

Hi we just bought a cottage in bancroft near the town I am just wondering if their is any good fishing area near there thanks biggrin.gif by the way i caught some pretty nice bass in our lake biggrin.gif I just kept two release about 8 large mouth bass, I caught one bigger than this one but let it go because The big one is not to good for eating it taste like mud biggrin.gif by the way does anyone know if theres a fish in that river near the town it look like a good habitat for pike and bass.

Pick a lake lol. Seriously, there's pretty good bass fishing in almost any lake of decent size in that area, can't really go wrong. As for the York river, I've never seen anybody fishing it or even heard of anybody fishing there. It's supposed to be pretty polluted, I've known kids who got sick from swimming in it.

Bancroft is a very good bass area. Your best bet is to pick up a map from the MNR on HWY 28. They have a map that lists all the fish in the different lakes throughout the area. It is primarily a bass area, not too many walleye or pike in the area with the exception of Baptiste Lake and its connecting lakes. Use the map to find smaller lakes off old logging rods and you will do very well for bass.