First fish of the season

canuckjack

Short report, sorry no pics but ya'll have seen perch before so use your imagination

I was planning to spend the whole morning out for Perch, but had to make a slight change in plans as the young lad decided he wanted to come to dad's a day early this weekend :thumbsup_anim:

So we headed out around 11 once things had warmed up a bit and I have to say I was really proud of him, he was right into the fishing for a little over an hour which beats his previous record by about an hour :) He's 7 now so I expect this will just keep getting better.

The bite is definitely heating up, the water is up to 6C, and we managed to land a bunch of perch in our hour out there, with 6 of those being healthy keepers over 10". We were hanging out in about 30' of water using worm bits on a drop shot setup. The young lad caught his biggest Perch yet a fat 11" female and was suitably grossed out by the eggs spilling out :)

I had picked up a light Daiwa rod and real at BPS over the winter and spooled it with 4# flouro and I have to say it is absolutely the perfect setup for these little panfish. I was super impressed with how sensitive that setup is.

Anyways, we have some nice little fillets just begging for a frying pan.