Edmonton creeks and shore spots

Kwan

I will be in Edmonton with a Christian university campus ministry for three months spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I was wondering if there are any shore spots with perch/crappie/bluegill/trout/bass/walleye and what tactics are common to the area if you were choosing from minnow on a float to floating raps, huskyjerk, 1/8th oz jig or dropshotting? Any known spots?

-Pat

Not sure if there's an Alberta fishing forum but you could try Angler's Atlas for some drive to lakes.

Don't recall much fishing in the city...the North Saskatchewan river is probably full of floating propane tanks and dead livestock at this time of year....

Try Google maps and use the street level function at the junction of roads and rivers to get an idea of the terrain and waterways.

I see that there are almost a dozen species to fish in the NSR. I wouldn't target the elusive sturgeon while I am there, but some walleye, pike, or anything interesting might take a jig, spinner or husky jerkbait if I'm in the right area of it, I guess. I'm reading to look for parts where the current meets no current with shelter for a hole.

What really concerns me are the inidications of remains of living beings in the river and a hangout for homeless is my guess.