Bruce Peninsula PP

heri0n

Hi guys, I was planning on going to algonquin this weekend to do some trout fishing, but it looks like the ice won't be melted by then. I'll probably goto Bruce Peninsula National Park instead to do some camping. I would also like to do some fishing as well. Can you guys tell me if theres any place worth while in the area and what I can expect to catch? And I won't have a boat... are there any shore fishing spots? or I could rent a canoe or something..

Thanks!

Edited by heri0n

Tobermory has a pier you can fish off of.

I was there last year, and apparently hooked into a fish. I didn't know it at the time, because my wife

was sitting there while I went to the men's room. When I had returned she told me that my reel was broken :wallbash:

....after a bit of investigation, she just didn't tighten the drag on it! :P

Anyway, here's the link of where you can fish from the pier...I'm sure you can fish the other side, just haven't tried.

(Although, the giant ferry that transports people would be a problem though)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=45.257224,-81.661795&geocode=&hl=en&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=45.255684,-81.663523&sspn=0.005763,0.009645&ie=UTF8&ll=45.256371,-81.662664&spn=0.005762,0.009645&z=17

PS: You'll have to COPY/PASTE the entire link above into another browser.

Edited by A2F

Well, the last time I was there I spoke with the Owner of a Coffee Shop (Literally right by the dock that I showed you).

He told me his son caught a nice Steelhead there. I would imagine there are lots of SM Bass and Perch around the docks.

Let us know how you do! I'm heading there later this year to do some Camping & Fishing myself! :)

Good Luck!

I fish around there quit a bit. Caught a few walleye in some of the inland lakes this winter.

No real good advice on shore fishing spots, as when ever I'm there it's either hardwater, or I have my boat.

Like previously mentioned, talk to some of the locals. Mostly a friendly bunch up there. Someone will point you in the right direction.

You can rent a canoe at Suntrail Outfitters in Hepworth. Or there's a few places right in Tobermory to rent canoes. I'm not sure if the place right in Tobermory will be open yet though.

The waters up there will be mighty cold this time of year. Be carefull.

I fish around there quit a bit. Caught a few walleye in some of the inland lakes this winter.

No real good advice on shore fishing spots, as when ever I'm there it's either hardwater, or I have my boat.

Like previously mentioned, talk to some of the locals. Mostly a friendly bunch up there. Someone will point you in the right direction.

You can rent a canoe at Suntrail Outfitters in Hepworth. Or there's a few places right in Tobermory to rent canoes. I'm not sure if the place right in Tobermory will be open yet though.

The waters up there will be mighty cold this time of year. Be carefull.