Dyna-King Squire vise...anyone using it?

FishTracker

Well the Dyna-King is around $175 and there's plenty to go at in that range. Do you need a rotary?

FWIW I was in Bass Pro at the weekend and the Peak rotary the have seems like a nice solid piece of kit and is $160, I ended up with a Terra Silverado for $50 as I don't need rotary and can't justify spending loads on a vice that won't see that much use.

Did a quick Google on the Dyna King and it gets good reviews (all their stuff is good) so if you like it and it's in budget, go for it :)

Well the Dyna-King is around $175 and there's plenty to go at in that range. Do you need a rotary?

FWIW I was in Bass Pro at the weekend and the Peak rotary the have seems like a nice solid piece of kit and is $160, I ended up with a Terra Silverado for $50 as I don't need rotary and can't justify spending loads on a vice that won't see that much use.

Did a quick Google on the Dyna King and it gets good reviews (all their stuff is good) so if you like it and it's in budget, go for it :)

The rotation ability is definitely a nice addition. I'm currently using a kit vise without that functionality to tie all my flies. I hope to upgrade the least amount of times as possible so I'm looking for something that will suit me for many years to come. What I like about the Squire is the pedestal base (although optional on many vises), and legendary grip. The owner of a local shop told me he has had his Squire for nearing 20 years and still loves it! It just seems hard to justify the price for a piece of steel :dunno: