I noticed something on Stanley's Resort web page

grt1

I clicked on the ad for stanleys resort on the opening page of this site. When it came up I noticed a picture of several people holding up a string of fish. In the back ground of this picture is the cottage (up here we call them camps) where we go each opening weekend for walleye, and several times during the summer for good times.

The fellow on the left side of the picture has the corner of the cabin behind him and the other red buildings are the boat house and sauna.

It's a beauty of a lake to visit, but the fishing sucks on the opening weekend. Thank goodness for good friends and beer and other libations.

There are usually 8 to 10 of us that meet there and we call ourselves the Eagle Lake Hookers Club. Opening weekend is our annual convention, filled with card games, an awards night for various actions over the past year (be they good or bad) and lots of fishing stories (some lies may work their way into these).

Each year our membership seems to get smaller and this year is no exception, so we remember those who are no longer among us (usually by way of a toast sometimes many toasts) and stories of how good the missing member was. Ok sometimes it was how bad the missing member was too.

It is the promise of this meeting that keeps us going through the long cold winter nights up here.