ALUMINUM BOAT LEAK?

musky66

Since mid way of last season my '98 Starcraft Superfisherman has developed a leak. I have scanned the hull, loaded her up with water on the trailer, removed underwater fittings and caulked/sealed them tight, caulked any seams I thought were suspect, but still can't seem to stop the inflow...I am about ready to drop her at the dealer and leave it there until he can find the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated- I will try anything to stop the leak. It is not a safety issue as I can bilge it out durring the day , but I can't leave it docked and unnatended.

Musky66, My buddy just went through the same thing as you. he tore the floor up and took trim off the inside and still could'nt find it. Then he put in it the water and found it only leaked under power down the driver side. looked under the egde with a flashlight and found a crack in his spedo line....go figure. worth a check.

LOL THATS TO FUNNY I HAVE THE SAME BOAT AND HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE LOOKED AND FILLED IT WITH WATER AND HAVE COME TO THE POINT ITS TIME TO TRAID HER IN AT THE END OF THE YEAR WOULD LOVE IF YOU PM ME IF YOU TAKE IT TO THE DEALER AND WHAT THEY DO FOR YOU. I HAVE ONE LAST THING TO TRY BEFORE SHE GOES INTO THE WATER IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS HUNTING FOR SALMON ANYWAYS SEND ME A PM AND LETS TALK MAYBE TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THEN ONE

Small leaks in aluminum boats are usually caused by stressed rivets. I have the same issue with my 16 ft Alumacraft and have tried many times to reseal rivets. This year I think i will invest in some good quality anti-fouling paint for the hull and see if that will seal it up.