Ice fishing in ottawa advise

faucherj

hello

just wondering if anyone could help me out

my uncle lives near the city of ottawa and we were hoping to do some ice fishing just not sure to go and if there would be ice around on march 11th

any help would be great we would be wanting to rent a hut also and taxi to them...

hope u guys can help

thanx

Hi

March is big fish time around Ottawa.

Try Petrie Island just on the eastern edge of town. It offers some nice sheltered bays that hold the safe ice longest in the area. There is a baitshop there also.

Enjoy.

Dara the only fish in the Rideau canal are not worth fishing for... but some do in areas of Dows Lake.

Petrie is great if you are in the East end of the city, if he lives in the west, there are thousands of lakes north of Carleton Place/Perth or West into the Frontenac region.

I live in Perth and work in the city, it takes me 45-55 to get to Kanata (right by the Scotia Bank Place) its another 45 mins to Petrie from there...

Good Luck, see if MuskyMatt can chime in, or ya, go to Fish-hawk. Those guys should be able to help out

Hi

March is big fish time around Ottawa.

Try Petrie Island just on the eastern edge of town. It offers some nice sheltered bays that hold the safe ice longest in the area. There is a baitshop there also.

Enjoy.

Dara the only fish in the Rideau canal are not worth fishing for... but some do in areas of Dows Lake.

WELL IF 2-12LB WALLEYE ARE NOT WORTH IT AND SLAB CRAPPIE WELL THEN GUESS HE IS RIGHT. WHEN I LIVED IN OTTAWA WE FISHED THE CANAL FOR OVER 20 YEARS. SOMETIME IT TAKES FISHING WATERS NOT JUST DRIVING BY :sarcasm: