Can anyone recommend a good tackle and bait shop in T.O.?

Bass pro is definitely my favourite destination for fishing bait and tackle and whenever I rent a car to go anywhere even if its not in the Bass Pro direction I will drive by and pay it a visit.

I have even been so desperate to go there that on two occasions I have gone there on public transit - not an easy task I can tell you! From downtown its a subway ride to Downsview then a TTC bus to Rutherford Rd and then a York Region Transit bus to Vaughan Mills OR a GO Train to Rutherford from Union Stn then the York transit bus, but of course coming back you have to do the whole TTC bus/subway thing as there are no GO Trains back!!! :wallbash: Plus by the time you've paid the excess fare above Steeles and the York region fare (and if my wife comes with me) I might as well have done the whole Zipcar thing. :lol:

Of course all that effort is worth it to see the big aquarium (though I've not been lucky enough to see feeding time) and to spend hours looking at fishing gear. But having said that I would be pleased to be able to go to a local shop closer by for some bait or find some different lures than sold at CT, hence my original post.

I will certainly be checking out some of the suggestions - Al Flaherty's or Fishing on Line sound like they might be a little easier to get to.

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by OO7

Fishing Depot is another easy one to get to by TTC. Take the subway to Kipling, and the Kipling??? (Can't remember the number 45 I think) North to Ronson Rd. You'll see the sign for Fishing Depot as you go over the 401. Narrow ailes, but they are all full of great stuff :)

Maureen