Rapala R Type Musky Rod

jeffw

I have a rapal magnum musky rod. It's a pool cue, but I use it as a backup. I didn't know they made a r-type musky rod. I'm definitely interested. How long is it? Just lookead and all the specs are on the rapala canada website. I like the split grip rod. How much are they selling for?

Edited by fishgreg

The rod I was looking at is the 6'9" model I belive. XH, 30-80 lbs and lure weight of 3-8oz. Thats the only muskie model that they show in there catalog. I would really like to see the 7'6" model though. They are selling the rod for just under $90.

Cheers Jeff

I have one of the heavier Rapala R2 rods (2 piece). I have not landed anything very large on it at all. I use it more for pike fishing and have not tossed any really large baits with it. I think it's a good value rod, but I would most likely go with the St.Croix if it was going to be one of my main fishing rods. I really want to go see some of those new lines of rods St.Croix put out. In addition to the new Mojo Musky, they also have a new reasonably well priced series of walleye rods.

I was also looking at the 6'9" magnum rod but its alittle light for the baits that I typically throw. I had a older team daiwa muskie rod. I believe it was rated for 1-5oz lures and suited me perfectly but unfortunately broke.I've used several st.croixs and gloomis rods but find they are not worth the price tag. I haven't seen the mojo muskie rod yet though.

I was also looking at the 6'9" magnum rod but its alittle light for the baits that I typically throw. I had a older team daiwa muskie rod. I believe it was rated for 1-5oz lures and suited me perfectly but unfortunately broke.I've used several st.croixs and gloomis rods but find they are not worth the price tag. I haven't seen the mojo muskie rod yet though.

I have the magnum 2 pc rod and I think it's rated up to 5 oz. I'll check when I get home.