Rapala Avantis Rod/Reel Combo

rbaquial

Hey Folks,

I'm in the market for a 7' Medium Trigger Rod/Reel. Just wondering if anyone has ever used the Avantis Rod or Reels?

What are your thoughts? Is it worth the investment? Any insight would be much appreciated!

PS: I have a MUSKY ROD I wanna TRADE for a 7' MEDIUM or MEDIUM HEAVY Rod. Anyone got? PM ME!

By "trigger" do you mean baitcast?

Either way, if you are serious about fishing you should give purchases like this a lot of thought. Know exactly what you want and wait till you can afford something of high quality that will last you a long time. I bought a half decent reel last summer on an impulse. Its toast now and I'm out $100 that I could've put towards a good reel. All I had to do was wait a couple weeks till I could afford an extra $50.

I can't speak for rapala rods or reels. But I do know that they make some great fishing lures.

Don't be fooled by reels with high numbers of bearings. 10 cheap bearings don't hold a candle to 4 high quality ones. Why does shimano have a 4 bearing baitcast reel that retails for $500? BPS displays daiwa's $500 reel right next to it. Don't quote me on this but I believe it has 7 bearings. Daiwa makes good reels with good bearings, but shimano uses better bearings. Rapala?

If you're looking for a combo that will last, save up until you can afford to splurge.