Horne Lake in Elliot Lake?

Black_Blade

Going to be up in Elliot Lake next week, working, but was gonna bring my rod and some tackle. Was wondering if anyone has fished that lake right in town, Horne Lake. Will only be shoreline fishing (couldn't convince the boss to leave a ladder behind so can throw my canoe on the van :P )

Back blade there is lots of fish in Horne lake, mostly rainbow the MNR have been doing a good job of stocking the lake. People are there every day, not sure how many catch alot of fish but they do catch them. The boat launch on Elliot Lake is another popular spot with pike and bass caught in abundance. Give me a shout when you come up and maybe we can get out in the boat one night after work! You must be working on the new Shopper's Drug Mart?

I can give you a couple other spots to shore fish that are way better than Horne lake!!!

Back blade there is lots of fish in Horne lake, mostly rainbow the MNR have been doing a good job of stocking the lake. People are there every day, not sure how many catch alot of fish but they do catch them. The boat launch on Elliot Lake is another popular spot with pike and bass caught in abundance. Give me a shout when you come up and maybe we can get out in the boat one night after work! You must be working on the new Shopper's Drug Mart?

I can give you a couple other spots to shore fish that are way better than Horne lake!!!

.....sez the guy who can't catch fish!!! lol! :whistling: Lots of opportunities to be had black blade! Enjoy your stay in our awesome little town! Cheers.

ps. What he calls a boat ain't your normal lil northern tinny boat...the navy is envious!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ctdd2006

Finally managed to get my old beater of a laptop to get online...originally were gonna stay at the Hampton but they were booked solid, so managed to get a room at Algo Inn and their internet is hit and miss. Yep, working at the Shoppers..putting metal capping on the parapets. ( Awesome view of the lake from there..wish had a camera). Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow and will be able to get a good day in. Be great to get out on the water, thanks for the offer Fireman. Usually work till 5 but looks like tomorrow will be the only nice day, so may work longer to take advantage of that. Will tour over to that boat launch and check it out. Other spots to try as well? :thumbsup_anim: