Lake St John on fire

mercforever

Hit the lake at 10 oclock after 2 hrs of watching the weather network,could only fish the protected side of lake .Luckily threw a couple of spinnerbaits in my bass stuff.Easily landed 25 to 30 fish,lost that many,6 decent smallies,rest were pike ,even got a 3lb eye,wasnt sure of the slot so put her back along with the rest of them.Miserable day,got rained on 20 times,but the dirtier,the fish got more aggressive.threw the same bait for 7 hrs ,had 50lb power pro bit off twice,not a bad day for fishing one piece of structure....

Hit the lake at 10 oclock after 2 hrs of watching the weather network,could only fish the protected side of lake .Luckily threw a couple of spinnerbaits in my bass stuff.Easily landed 25 to 30 fish,lost that many,6 decent smallies,rest were pike ,even got a 3lb eye,wasnt sure of the slot so put her back along with the rest of them.Miserable day,got rained on 20 times,but the dirtier,the fish got more aggressive.threw the same bait for 7 hrs ,had 50lb power pro bit off twice,not a bad day for fishing one piece of structure....

I've had troubles catching consistent fish in that lake. I thought your subject line was litteral and I was waiting for pictures of huge flames on the surface of the lake.

Good jobworthy.gif you did what I couldn't.