crown land camping/crown land atlas?

shan&jay

looking to camp somewhere for 1 or 2 nights with my 10 year old daughter she missed out on the last family camp trip so i just her and i were gonna go this time. since school starts really soon and i will probably have to go away for work verry soon as well. i might want to leave tomorrow morning or sunday not gonna bother with provincial parks since its the long weekend so im trying to find somewhere north of port severn maby around honey harbour or cooks bay although ive never been to that area. so my questions where 1) on the crown land atlas site, the light beige areas labeled "general use area" in the ledgend, this wought be considered the crown land areas, correct? (just making sure) question 2) was if anybody could recomend somewhere around that area or even a little further north is ok. as it is now id just be driving up there and just finding someplace myself which probably wont work out to good, lol. we will be bringing a tent and canoe and packing light as possible. fishing will be our main activity of course!

well ended up at mccrae lake had a fun time. its a beautifull area. despite the weather being really bad on saturday 12 degrees it was down to with constant scatered showers and some heavy winds throughout the day. When we arrived to park it was insane like 70 cars parked down the road, wow popular spot i guess and bad idea on my part to head out somewhere last minite on a long weekend, o well i wasnt gonna turn back now i had just hopped we where able to find a spot to pitch a tent. after our 2 portages in the canoe and making it into the open part of the lake the water was too rough to continue so we turned around and where lucky enough to find a spot at a point between 2 little bays the fishing was ok despite being limited to shore moast of the time do to winds caught moastly 1-2lb largies with a few perch and sunfish in the mix.

campingaug2010 016.JPG

campingaug2010 014.JPG

campingaug2010 020.JPG

campingaug2010 028.JPG