Wasaksina

Gordon Bombay

Hi folks,

In a weeks time, my brother and I will be heading up to fish Lake Wasaksina for 4-ish days. We are looking to get into some smallies and walleye. We will be in a canoe so it won't be the easiest to cover lots of water. For this reason I was hoping that someone out there would be able to give a couple of pointers on fishing the lake. I'm not looking for anything specific, just general pointers.

Thanks a bunch

Hi folks,

In a weeks time, my brother and I will be heading up to fish Lake Wasaksina for 4-ish days. We are looking to get into some smallies and walleye. We will be in a canoe so it won't be the easiest to cover lots of water. For this reason I was hoping that someone out there would be able to give a couple of pointers on fishing the lake. I'm not looking for anything specific, just general pointers.

Thanks a bunch

I don't go fishing in a canoe without my drift sock anymore...that would be my only recommendation...having never been to that particular lake. A place named Wasaksina sounds like the fishing won't be a problem :D

There is a huge rock pile in the middle of the lake-marked with white jugs- you should not have to move.

mb

Awesome. Thanks.

I'm heading there at the end of September. Where staying at Papa John's Place on Herridge Lake. Where are you guys staying?

We are also going to be fishing Iceland and Driftwood Lake as well.

Let me know how you do!! ;)

We're just going to be camping on the lake. I'll let you know how it goes for sure.

• 6 months later...