Rainy River

Guest Manitoubass

Guest natron

I'm heading out with the kids this afternoon for our days worth of fishing. I'll see what kind of pics I can produce for the OFC community! Put some pressure on myself, lol.

It's 17 degrees, was chilly and windy yesterday as well, and in my experience, this gets the bass to feed hard, so it should be a decent day. It's fairly windy, 22kmh and gusting up to 33kmh, coming west/northwest.

Also, I want to see if any members here are within driving distance of my area?(Rainy River/Manitou) Hoping I can get to fish with some of the members here, so if your fairly close to this area, feel free to chime in or pm me. Always looking for new fishing comrades for a new experience, and hopefully even learn from some other experienced anglers!

Many thanks

Edited by natron

Guest Manitoubass

Ouch! Went out for 3 hours and missed two smallies, but thats it. Came home for a quick snack, now I'm heading back out for another 2-3 hours, if that isnt productive I'm going to hop in the boat and check a few other spots.

Also see some americans pre fishing for the International Falls Bass Classic, and didnt look like any of the boats near were doing to well either.

Any how, hopefully the bite is on this time around, I'll put up some pics later (if I catch anything, lol)

Guest Manitoubass

Sorry for not updating, but like another member here I dropped my camera in the water after a very productive day full of SMB fishing, also caught some walleye(hurray, there back early this year!) as well a as few small pike.

So anyhow, I went and bought a new camera, went our yesterday, and here are some pics from that Sun. It was hot and humid, very little wind, and for my area, these are near perfect conditions. Water was very clear, but very shallow this time of year, 2-6ft at most.

post-7286-128318929721_thumb.jpg

Guest Manitoubass

more fish....

All in all caught about 25 bass, most were pretty small on this day. I'd upload more photos if I knew how to include more than one per post, lol.

Also caught a few walleye, again small, but one was nice 2.5lber, but I never took a pic for some idiotic reason.

post-7286-128318956174_thumb.jpg