Port Credit Aug. 21

icefisherman

Got my regular team assembled quite late in the morning (they were not easy getting up;-)[:D] and decided to go check how the Kings/bow wtc. are doing on Lake O....seemed a small window with not much wind was opening after the constant blow in the last 3 weeks...especially on weekends...by the time we launched and passed the break wall we were into some large rollers...there was almost no wind but the damage was done by the Easterlies all night...oh well...scrapped the plan of going to the blue zone and stayed tight (80 - 90 fow) and trolled with the rollers...non stop action...12 for 15 was the final score...mixed bag at that....Kings...bows....and even Big fat brown...lots of action...size was from 5 to 23 lbs(and one shaker kids wanted to keep)...mostly spoons and mostly on riggers but the fly on the wire dipsy did some damage too...fished 75-85 feet down, East and West of the river. Let the biggest ones go and kept few for desperate friends

[;)] hahaha

Needed some heavy action after the last two trips with Arnie to Port Burwell...

Haven't given up on the BZ but may have to wait with the forecast showing more wind/rain,,,and why bother going 12 miles out if fish are like 1 mile out[:D][:)]

Here are few shots from the day:

My trusted team left me alone in the beginning and for the most of the day I was like fishing solo battling the waves and netting/controlling the boat[:P]

IMG00031-20100821-1158.jpg

IMG00032-20100821-1211.jpg

IMG00030-20100821-1158.jpg

Eventually the little one got up just on time to see the brown been netted:

IMG00034-20100821-1302.jpg

IMG00033-20100821-1302.jpg

And the "back at home shot"

IMG00035-20100821-1709.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Just curious if the fish have started staging and are colouring up. Might make a few trips to the pier when the nights get a little cooler.

Thanks,

Any moment now in the next week to 10 days...with the rain today it shouldn't be too long but I was also surprised how nice clean and silver all fish were yesterday.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman