Power Vessel Operator Permit(toronto harbor license)?

Oktravis

my mouth is really watering thinking of fishing the islands this fall.my understanding is you need the license to boat anywhere from ashbridges bay to the airport

my Question is where is the best/easiest/fastest place to get it. i see that i can go tho the port authority .i also see that i can go to humber collage .at the collage it is more expensive .like 80$.but they have there own boats.is there anywhere else that is better?For the guys that have it what are your thoughts?

thanks

travis

When I first got mine (long long ago) I did it thru the TORONTO POWER SQUADRON , They must have a web page now , try there . Dont get so hot on the islands , the water there is very low this year , lots of water between bluffers and the humber , the harbour itself is not the best place to fish , get a chart and you will see lots of deep 10-20 feet weed beds close to 100 foot water all along there . good luck , B

I got my license at the Humber Bay College just over a year ago. Quick and easy. Showed up, waited for an hour to take the super challenging practical test with their 15 Ft aluminum. Then the written test, and that was it. Temp license in hand, the card showed up the mail a couple of weeks later.

BTW, they also send you course material when you sign up, so you can prepare for the written test.