A wee bit of Fly Fishin

fish_finder

Anyone been getting out Fly Fishin?

I've managed a few trips the last few weeks. Haven't been out much for trout as the waters have been pretty warm. There were a couple of days after some rain that brought the river temps down enough that I felt I could fish.

brookieinhand4.jpg

brookieinhand.jpg

browninhand.jpg

browninnet.jpg

brownheadshot.jpg

kurtcasting.jpg

stoner.jpg

I Can't remember if I posted these ones here or not, but I don't think I did. These were from a trip at the end of June or the beginning of July when the water was still a little cooler

brown.jpg

rainbow.jpg

Hit up some local waters around guelph for some warm water species. Even that was a bit slow, but still got a few fish.

bass1.jpg

bass2.jpg

sucker.jpg

Hows everyone else been making out this summer on the fly?

I just got a new digital slr camera, so I've been playing around with that and recently discovered HDR photography. Interesting indeed.

justinbridge1.jpg

Cheers Ya'll!!! Its almost chrome time!!

Dave

Edited by fish_finder

photomatix is the software i got too...and the d80 is one of teh camera's i'm considering right now...it would be my first dslr as well....how do you like it so far?

are you taking those shots with a tripod?

Yeah, absolutely with a tripod. The one of the flower, you can see the ghosting because I wasn't using a tripod.

I'm really really liking the D80. I have the 18-135mm lens with it. Its definitely a beginner slr camera with advanced features. I do alot of work with film, so that helped a little when I first got it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone who is just getting into DSLR photography.

And Spiel.....Its time to bust out that fly rod man!!

i saw the ghosting, was wondering if just the one shot or no tripod for all of them.....i've had canon and samsung cams before and both had a lot of extra manual controls than most P&S cams...and I know photography is going to stick with me for a while...kinda wondering how long the d80 would keep me happy or if should dive into something more intermediate....any feedback would be great

Well, he replaced the d80 with a canon 1D. Not for someone learning, I can tell you that!! It does shoot film in full 1080p, but thats why I use camcorders for that!! He's been a photographer for a long time, so he knows how to use the bloody thing.

The D80 is the first slr I've used in probably 10 years. I can't really comment on whats above or below it as far as if its an entry level or intermediate camera goes. Its fun none the less!!

PS. I think we've conversed on Hipwader before...

Guest Johnny Bass

Very impressive.As I get older I'm gonna give this fly fishing a whirl. It looks really cool and productive.

I like this picture the best by far. Its like your right there!

speedriverstorm.jpg

Very impressive.As I get older I'm gonna give this fly fishing a whirl. It looks really cool and productive.

I like this picture the best by far. Its like your right there!

speedriverstorm.jpg

And thats just playin around!! I'm heading north in a couple of weeks, and hope to get some excellent landscape shots up there. The problem is that I'll probably have hundreds that I want to play around with!

And the fly fishing......why wait?? Its not the difficult sport its made out to be. Its simply a method you like to use one and a while. Whether trout, bass, pike, musky, you can fly fish for them if you like. I have musky flies close to 12 inches long! Even on lakes, I fish depths up to 40 feet on the fly. Its defintely something to think about trying!

Edited by fish_finder

Guest Johnny Bass

And thats just playin around!! I'm heading north in a couple of weeks, and hope to get some excellent landscape shots up there. The problem is that I'll probably have hundreds that I want to play around with!

And the fly fishing......why wait?? Its not the difficult sport its made out to be. Its simply a method you like to use one and a while. Whether trout, bass, pike, musky, you can fly fish for them if you like. I have musky flies close to 12 inches long! Even on lakes, I fish depths up to 40 feet on the fly. Its defintely something to think about trying!

Well I believe you go from sunfish and rockbass to bass and pike, to musky, trout and salmon,(not necessarily in that order) using various baits,techniques, fishing various structures. Then when you get bored you go to salt water fishing which is at another level. And when you are older and want to slow down? You relax and wind down to some fly fishing! See? I have it all planned out.lol Not sure about doing all that walking though when I am old.lol Hopefully I have some grand children to accompany me by then.

Well I believe you go from sunfish and rockbass to bass and pike, to musky, trout and salmon,(not necessarily in that order) using various baits,techniques, fishing various structures. Then when you get bored you go to salt water fishing which is at another level. And when you are older and want to slow down? You relax and wind down to some fly fishing! See? I have it all planned out.lol Not sure about doing all that walking though when I am old.lol Hopefully I have some grand children to accompany me by then.

Bah!!

I've done more exploring of rivers and lakes fly fishing than I have spin fishin! I can tell you that without a doubt!! I like to fish, whether that be fly fishing, spin fishing, down rigging, whatever!! If it gets me into fish, thats the method I use. By no means is fly fishing winding down! Its all what you make of it. At this point, switching to strictly spin fishing would be winding down!

I sure ain't that old! I hope anyways! At 30, I've been fly fishing most of my life, but I've also spent just as much time with my spinning gear, as well as jigging for mackeral in the ocean. Look past the books and try it!!