Last weeks fishing

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well last week was an interesting one. I dont usually fish after work, and with evenings drawing in earlier again, after baby Jack is in bed there is not much daylight left even to fish at the end of the yard, and the fishing has been awful by comparison to recent years in front of the house anyway.

However, we are off to our cottage in France today and the fishing there is even worse, so bad in fact i am not even packing a rod! Instead i decided to just relax with family for 2 weeks and eat lots of fresh French pastries :thumbsup_anim:, rather than frustrate myself hunting small vegetarian fishies on very beautiful yet hard to navigate riverbanks in southwest France.

Knowing that i was going to not be fishing for a whole 2 weeks(unheard of in my universe)i have been grabbing any opportunity to fish all week, which resulted in 3 or 4 half hour sessions in front of the house from shore and in the boat and a last fling trip early morning yesterday to Lac Seul.

The lack of walleye in front of the house is surprising, not sure what has gone on this year so far, but if you even get a bite its tiny little ones. But in the last week i did manage to catch a lot of perch from my boat at the end of our shoreline and a couple of bass(one from the boat, and one from my lawn) this i have never done before, very pleased to have caught a bass right off the lawn....hopefully they move in permanently. Anyway i stiched together a vid of the half hour sessions.

HALF HOUR SESSIONS FROM LAST WEEK

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I also got out to Lac Seul yesterday, hit up a spot i fished 2 weeks ago with my wife with the intention of leaving more time to fish a section of the lake (main body) i had never fished before. I brought Kyle with me, the tackle shop owners son with whom i have fished a couple of tournaments before.

The spot i fished with my wife which produced tons of fish 2 weeks ago was very slow, a couple eaters and a couple of over slots right off the bat....then pretty much nothing except a nice Bass that Kyle caught. This forced our hand pretty much and we headed to the main body of the lake earlier than planned in search of fish.

We started by searching for deep structure as this often produces at this time of year. A couple of fish came from these areas but thats all. So we decided to take the hint from the lake that the best producing spots were betwenn 15-7' in the weeds. We basically headed to the shore lines and searched until we hit the jackpot. A small island in the middle of a narrow channel, on the wind blown side in a small almost rockpool like area with pencil weeds then cabbage in fornt of that with lots of rocks going down to around 15'.

I did not swap all day from the same 1/8 oz chart/orange jig and minnows where as Kyle was more adventurous trying leeches and crwalers on his jigs. The minnows were way outfishing crawlers and leeches...although Kyle got a couple more really nice bass on the crawlers. After a slow start i started to 'hammer' the walleye, straight almost deadsticking their preferred presentation, the fishfinder was showing that the fish were all hugging the bottom closely.

Nothing huge today, the biggest walleye at 25 inches that barely registered as a bite, i thought i'd bounced a rock....lol....at least 20 slot fish and 8 keepers with loads of 14-15 inchers released. I got a nice big jack that fought like a walleye and had us all excited for that reason, Kyle got 3 nice bass, the biggest near 5 lbs and we got off the lake just before the thunderstorms hit.

LAC SEUL VIDEO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nicely done, if I could fish from the front lawn I wouldn't ever leave home!

Paul

agreed! My recently x-partners parents backyard is lake st.claire in belle river ... amazing, I never wanted to leave her parents house, lol.