Mitchelles Bay Smallmouth??

reelinrolly

Heading out to Lake St. Clair for my buddies bachelor party, and were hoping to get out for a few smallies wednesday and thursday of next week. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips for those of you that have experience fishing this area.

I have only really fished for smallmouth in the St. Clair river, and all we do there is drag lizards along the bottom with a texas rigged setup. my question is, what sort of setup would work best in Lake St. Clair??

I wont be able to have the boat conrtol for dropshotting, so that will be out of the question.

I have been told to start out near the XE2 buoy and fish 10'-15' of water.

Any tips and help would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

Rolly try dragging tubes smoke color or red flake even white if that does not work try just using gulp worms on a bottom bouncer or just split shot them along the bottom slow. deeper water 14-18' is where we get them I dont target them but do get them when were out for eye's. Send lunker777 a PM his name is Tyler he lives here in Chatham and might be able to help as he loves Bass.

Rolly try dragging tubes smoke color or red flake even white if that does not work try just using gulp worms on a bottom bouncer or just split shot them along the bottom slow. deeper water 14-18' is where we get them I dont target them but do get them when were out for eye's. Send lunker777 a PM his name is Tyler he lives here in Chatham and might be able to help as he loves Bass.

Right on...thanks for the tips...I appreciate it. I haven't fished LSC since I was a kid, is it really weedy when I get out into 10-15ft of water, or is it patchy??