Callander Bay , Nipissing

fisher

My mom has been battling breast cancer for over 8 years now since the age of 47; and with meds and a good attitude/spirit, she has been able to live a decent quality of life and has in fact lived past the life expectancy her doctors had originally guessed when initially diagnosed (although it has progressed to various parts of her body during this time).

Every summer for as long as I could remember, we rented a cottage for a week. For the last few years, the group has grown to now include my wife, my children, my sister, her husband and child, my parents, and my aunt.

This year we happened upon Rob Hyatt's cottage on Lake Nipissing while searching the net and booked it for July 31-Aug 7. We sent our deposit a while back and were looking forward to this year's trip. Well, as luck would have it (bad luck that is), my mom's lastest MRI scan of her brain last week showed a new lesion (cancer spot) that needed attention as sson as possible. Her doctor referred her to a radiation oncoligist and yesterday, we just found out that her radiation treatment is scheduled for the week we were booked at the cottage.

Rob, being the great guy that he is (never met him but have spoken and emailed him in the last couple of months), found us another week later in the summer for us to go on our trip. As a thank you to Rob, given our last minute change of plans, I have taken the liberty to post this message on this board and others that I have been a member of for many years in the hopes that someone may see this message and may want to rent the place for the week that we cancelled (or any other week for that matter).

The cottage sounds like a great place (one where your wife and/or picky individual would find very enjoyable as it has many of the creature comforts you would enjoy at home - including 5 bedrooms, a large flat panel TV, granite counter tops in the kitchen and other similar types of finishes throughout the 2900 Square foot living space the house affords).

Anyway, moderators, if you think this post does not conform to the purpose of the board, please pull the message.

Thanks for reading and if you do inquire or book, tell him that Frank sent you.

Regards, Fisher

Here is the link to the cottage...and contact info.

http://www.cottagesincanada.com/bigwater/

Edited by fisher