Boat - Sell or Fix?

JFish

Hey everyone. I have an older 16 ft. bowrider style boat which had to front end converted into just a flat casting deck by the previous owner. Boat is probably 20 years and the motor (60hp Merc.) is a 94 I beleve.

The floor on the casting deck and middle to back end has started to get really soft and I'm not sure if I want to try and get it fixed or just sell the thing. The hull seems to have no issues right now and the motor is also fine. I have no experience with fixing something like this nor do I have any idea what the cost would be to fix it or have it fixed.

Just wondering if there is anybody on the board that would recommend something or if there is anybody that would be interested in a bit of a fixer upper. From what I can tell it's just the floor that needs to be redone. I have had the boat out every year since I bought it and it runs fine in the water. I'm just afraid my foot is going to break through the wood on the casting deck one of these days. If it makes any difference I'm in Hamilton.

Also, thought of just taking it to the cottage out towards Kingston area and putting it up for sale there so it doesn't take up driveway space.

Thanks, JFish

Post me some pictures...

bring it here, pay for the materials and we will get it done over a case of beer.

Here are a couple pics of what I did on my own boat....

framing for the floor

DSC02287.jpg

Floor installed, wrapped in marine vinyl.

DSC02302.jpg

(and I am a carpenter by trade.)

My offer stands ;)

G

Edited by Gerritt

in the wide world of boats 1990-1994 is really not that old. if you are happy with the boat invest a little dough in it. because the deck is already in place gives you an advantage even if you aren't terribly handy. remove the rotten materials with a bit of care, reproduce them with new materials and install. because you see it come apart means you know how to put it together. the casting deck issue has been done to death here if you want to review it may give you an idea of what you are getting into. gerrit has made a hell of an offer. maybe hell throw in the beer too?