Possible Move to Port Elgin Region

bullybass

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of securing employment in the Port Elgin/Kincardine region and was wondering what type of fishing I could expect there if I am successful. I do not have a power boat... yet. I do have a canoe and I have always loved fishing for Bass, Pike, Walleye and panfish but have done some durham region fishing for trout as well. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

bullybass

Edited by bullybass

Not what it was twenty years ago for any of those species. Still some decent bass fishing in some of the smaller lakes within an hours drive.

If water levels are high enough, the Maitland can be good for bass as well.

Edited by FRANKIE65

The saugeen river has all of the species you're targeting including muskie and salmon, resident browns and bows...the saugeen has some of the best river smallie fishing I've ever experienced...you just have to know where to look...I spent half of my summers up there and most of my personal bests are from the river

welcome to one of canadas best kept fishing secrets... :Gonefishing: ( but dont tell anyone)

every species available minutes drive to the rivers or lake ...

if your move comes to fruition ....let me know and ill be more then happy to show you the ins and outs of the area....

Edited by Twocoda