Government Information on Stocking Programs

Hello Again Everybody!

I've been talking to a few old-timers recently and they were saying that finding out information on bodies of water is easy via the MNR.

Specifically, I am interested in finding areas that have been stocked with ANY species of fish near my home, but not the common bodies of water that I currently fish. What is the best way to attain this information from the MNR?

If you have any stories about dealing with the MNR in this manner, please feel free to share them.

Heres where I started " http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_165904.html " .. I have allways found people at the district offices very helpfull . good luck

That's a beauty Bruce. Much obliged and thanks a lot!

If anyone has any decent stories, you can still feel free to post them, but I've got all the info I need to move forward.

My search of the website came up empty for stocking, so weird that it was there the whole time.

Bill like most things goverment , its there but not not so easy to find lol , glad I could be some help , finde the district office in the area you want and give them a call , maybe because its not so easy to get their numbers ,they are very helpfull and will shoot the breeze with you and give you all the help you need , I fish the elliot lake area alot for trout and the district office there has helped me in finding loggong road access etc. to many unfished well stocked lakes . tight lines B