May 24 Pike Outing (late.. i know)

TC1OZ

Got off work on May 23rd around 3PM in the afternoon. Rounded up the dogs and packed up the van. By the time I got the rest of the family and everything was settled we were there about 7:30 PM.

We joined family at a different cottage across the bay for dinner... I was able to sneak in 10-15 casts with my 5 of diamonds but no luck. Albeit I've never fished off her shore before.

Put the little guy to bed, and was able to relax on the dock. The first night we managed to land a couple of small cat fish and more rock bass than you can count. I even reeled in to go use the out house but I set my rod on the dock. The worm was dangling above the water a good few inches. A hungry rock bass actually jumped out of the water and hit it twice....hooking himself on the third strike. If my brother-in-law wasn't there I would of been swimming for that rod! :thumbsup_anim:

I made it out in the Lund twice on Monday once in the morning and once after dinner time. Mark was using worms and I was trying everything under the sun. I got two follows from some HUGE pike on a double willow gold/silver 1/2OZ glimmer shad. No idea on how big these guys were. But they would follow me from the shore to the boat but turn away the second they were near. After reading fishin 24/7's post I figure I should invest in some of the realistic swim baits to turn those followers into commitment!!! :Gonefishing:

I spent the rest of my time casting off the front dock and just enjoying the beautiful weather with my family.

I forgot my camera when I was with people as it was all about spending time with family, but here's a few shots I managed to snap...

Early morning canoe ride with the little guy:

dscf1025s.jpg

View off the back of the island just after dinner time:

dscf1038f.jpg

Only time I had a camera while fishing :

dsc06600.jpg

And I was by myself... She was too lively to even bother taking measurements or weight, plus I figured I had to snap at least one picture since I was telling everyone about how awesome the pike fishing is in Parry Sound!

I'll be heading back up soon with my re-furbished Spirngbok and this time I will definitely be bringing some life like swim baits!