Taboo Resort - Lake Muskoka

shaker

I'm heading up to Taboo for a golf weekend, but I'm more into fishing than golf. I've never been on Lake Muskoka before and wonder if anyone can provide any helpful information regarding pike fishing in the area. The resort is around the south eastern part of the lake.

• 3 weeks later...

lots of pike in muskoka, Most likely they will be deeper this time of year. To be honest with you though, if you are fishing on the weekend----good luck, the lake is the recrealtional capital of cottage country and its a zoo, with all the boat traffic, personal water craft etc..... you would be better off to fish it during the week when although its still busy its more relaxing.

My suggestion would be to enjoy taboo its a kick butt track and save the fishing for another time

Cheers!

I stayed there for a weekend a couple of years ago. Nice golf course. I wasn't overly impressed with the resort given what it cost me. Restaurant has a nice waterfront patio though. Anyway, I am also more of a fishermen and took out one of their canoes (the boats you can rent were like $200/hour or something) and simply fished around the resort area. The bay next to the resort is actually one of the better fishing spots based on what information I could find about the lake. Caught a bunch of small mouth bass. There is a small river/creek you can canoe down as well that probably has some bass in it.