Pike fishing on Chandos

Paudash

I am looking for some help for this weekend. I am planning to head out to Chandos on Saturday to target some pike but the problem is that I have never fished the lake before and I am looking for some help on anything to do with the lake or if anyone has a link to a decent map of the lake. The reason for Chandos is that it is 15 mins from my cottage and I bought a new boat last year that I can tow around easly and it is a lake that interest me.

There are definitely some decent pike in there.

I would try Gilmour bay at the south end of the lake and fish the narrows coming out of Gilmour Bay fairly hard. We see a number of big ones down there cruising around.

Try the north end of the lake as well. There is a big shoal marked out by three buoys up there that is magnificant structure for feeding fish.

You will probably hook quite a few smallies at this time of the year as they are protecting their nests and nailing anything that comes near.

Hope this helps and make sure to post your results when you get back.

PB

I am the third house north of the Long Lake Road on Hwy 28 just south of Apsley. If you get here and there are a bunch of trucks and boats in the driveway, I have a map that you can have.

PM me for more info.

Garry2R's