Possible Motor Problems?

fishnsled

The last time I was on the water (2 weeks ago) I was getting a bit of a miss when running. I knew I need to get some new plugs for the season, but I do like to run the old plugs on the first trip. Just to get the storage spray burned off before I put in the new ones. I go out tonight to put the new plugs in and everything is going well until plug number 4 (bottom one). It's different looking then the others, I figure it's the one causing the problem. I look closer and notice a tiny bead (pin head in size) of water on it.

I call a buddy and he thinks it is most likely just some condensation but says to pull all the plugs and turn the engine over by hand. Check to see how the heads of the cylinders look. They all looked the same, a little burnt looking. The only difference was the bottom cylinder had a bead of water on it. Called him back and he is pretty sure that with the up and down temps over the last 2 weeks and it just sitting, it's condensation. Some condensation will settle in the bottom cylinder. Said to run it and then check it to see if there is any moisture.

So I figure I can't very well fire up the motor this late at night, neighbours would just love me. Plans were to go fishing tomorrow with another buddy of mine but he has cancelled due to a sick child, completely understood. Maybe a sign to stay home after seeing the couple of beads of water in the one cylinder. dunno.gif

The motor is a 2002 Mercury 115, 2 stroke, 2+2. Never seen this before but the boat is usually not sitting this long, once the open water season starts. Also once the plugs go in I usually don't check them until it's time to winterize. If it ain't broke don't fix it. May have to change that motto. Anybody had this before and should I be concerned?

Thanks