River reports

splashhopper

I came up to Goderich to visit an ill friend last night and did some scouting of the Bayfield and Maitland rivers on the way. I drove up to the Saugeen and Sauble this am to find the same brutal conditions.

ALL ARE EXTREMELY LOW and VERY CLEAR ..... does not look good at all for the opener tomorrow.

The region is not expecting rain ( 40-60% chance) until late Saturday either. :angry:

I hope i have saved many of you gas and time and that you will be able to find more suitable rivers for the much anticipated opener.

These dissapointing conditions have changed my whole plans for the weekend as well. :wallbash:

I came up to Goderich to visit an ill friend last night and did some scouting of the Bayfield and Maitland rivers on the way. I drove up to the Saugeen and Sauble this am to find the same brutal conditions.

ALL ARE EXTREMELY LOW and VERY CLEAR ..... does not look good at all for the opener tomorrow.

The region is not expecting rain ( 40-60% chance) until late Saturday either. :angry:

I hope i have saved many of you gas and time and that you will be able to find more suitable rivers for the much anticipated opener.

These dissapointing conditions have changed my whole plans for the weekend as well. :wallbash:

yeah no waders required....just a comfy pair of crocs for the average size person...lol..but its still over your head Splash

Edited by Twocoda

Same thing happened to us 3 years ago. We went on a vacation to Bayfield in the summer for a week and brought all of our fishing gear thinking how we will catch lots of fish. We did not have a boat so we were fishing form the shore. We only caught a few little fish and that was it. In the end, we just gave up. The water level in the rivers was very low and the water was pretty clear. We heard from local fishermen that you can catch bigger fish (like a lake trout and larger perch) but only in the deeper waters of Lake Huron using a boat.