Algonquin bugs

phiphntek

I don't think it will be at the peak for the opener, but I do think there will be Black flies out and about.

I've heard reports of isolated pockets where they are already out an biting.

Most of what I've heard is in regards to the East and South gates, but if the South and East gates have bugs.... I'd feild a guess that La Muir Will also have Black flies out and about.

With this week being warm, and next week also looking to be warmer....it not a great sign for those of us entering the park soon.

I'd say the bug season is going to be 3-4 weeks early...Ice out was about the same so I supose it makes sence.

For the record I WILL be bringing my Bug nets for the first time ever on my opening trip.

I'm hopefull that its not needed, but I don't want to be caught with out it either.

Cheers,

I don't think it will be at the peak for the opener, but I do think there will be Black flies out and about.

I've heard reports of isolated pockets where they are already out an biting.

Most of what I've heard is in regards to the East and South gates, but if the South and East gates have bugs.... I'd feild a guess that La Muir Will also have Black flies out and about.

With this week being warm, and next week also looking to be warmer....it not a great sign for those of us entering the park soon.

I'd say the bug season is going to be 3-4 weeks early...Ice out was about the same so I supose it makes sence.

For the record I WILL be bringing my Bug nets for the first time ever on my opening trip.

I'm hopefull that its not needed, but I don't want to be caught with out it either.

Cheers,

Thanks for the help and good luck