One Month To Go

ADB

After the first spring trip I took, I've been a complete addict and usually do the week after opener and again in the first week of June (specs are on fire and the park is empty). We've done your route a few times and it is worth the crap portage.

The best investment we've made for canoeing is a dehydrator. We got a cheap one from Target in the states and it has saved so much cost and enables us to bring pretty much anything for food. Spaghetti sauce can be dehydrated into a leather on wax paper and it rehydrates just fine. The possibilities are endless. Boil water and use it to keep yourself clean and do your laundry and you will be 10x more comfortable and happy, and so will your friends. It's amazing how much a hot sponge bath and a dip in the icy lake can bring you back to life.

The small bay from Crow River into Lavielle is where I'd put my time fishing. I've had better fishing there than Dickson, but that varies depending on the time and whatnot. Sutton spoons and the smallest EGB's or the very very small Krocodile are great for lakers. Black is the colour I always go to and it always produces. Specs and lakers in the shallows will be feeding on leeches so don't hesitate to try unorthodox methods like drop-shotting a leech bait or jigging a woolly bugger under a float around beaver lodges and submerged wood.

We'll be in the same area at the same time (heading into Hogan) so if you see an ugly guy with brown hair and a pretty girl with blonde hair in a bergundy Swift Kipawa drop by and say hello! We'll have lots of goose jerky and pepperettes to share. The names are Brandon and Karli. Good luck.

Thanks a lot, Brando. Hopefully we run into you!

I am jealous; always a great trip. I second the 2 liter Wells IPA. You can then use the empty for a water bottle(add your purification drops if you arent going to boil) or juice/mixer jug.

Another vote for the trolling tactic as you travel. Its relaxing and we caught some of our biggest fish on bead head wolly buggers-gold head and black marabou.

Also don't assume the other folks are bringing the toilet paper!!

Have a great time. :thumbsup_anim:

I am jealous; always a great trip. I second the 2 liter Wells IPA. You can then use the empty for a water bottle(add your purification drops if you arent going to boil) or juice/mixer jug.

Another vote for the trolling tactic as you travel. Its relaxing and we caught some of our biggest fish on bead head wolly buggers-gold head and black marabou.

Also don't assume the other folks are bringing the toilet paper!!

Have a great time. :thumbsup_anim:

Haha...I'll be sure to bring my own roll.

Not much to add here, try a small countdown rapala (CD03-05) or usual small Panther Martin for casting near shorelines.

Should be a memorable trip no matter what :Gonefishing:

Yup, a small Rapala Countdown casted around brush and shoreline should be money.

If the specks are on, it doesn't matter what you are throwing. I've seen everything from tiny 1/16 oz bucktails, streamers, small cleos, stick baits, wet flies and even #5 mepps spinners fool 2 dozen fish a day for each of 4 guys, for 3 and a half days. That was a total count of over 325 gorgeous brookies.

P1020967.jpg?t=1270922795

P1020975.jpg?t=1270922920

If they are not on, oh well. Then it's all about the scenery and the food. I've done that trip too.

Have a great adventure.