Toronto Sportsmans Show - Wednesday

superdad

Laker John and I hit the road on the Mega-bus yesterday morning from Kingston for the show in downtown Toronto, The bus let us off approx four blocks from the show.

We had a bite to eat from a chip wagon on Front St, prices are way better than the pizza inside.....

Into the show and met a fellow angler from the west end of the big lake and started around the fishing area, located in the north section of the complex.

I was looking for those suspender type PFD's and the first place I looked at them reduced from $189.99 to $99.99, I'll check around before I buy here. We saw Leo and Ron at their area with the Raptor Cheerleaders........

Walked around and up and down the aisles, looking at lures and rod & reel combos. some deals to be found, but we felt we did best in the grab bins, for Storm Deep Jr Thundersticks and Northland Puppet Minnows. The seminar area was always busy with Zoomie-Zoomie or Crawford and others telling us how to fish......

Checking prices of the PFD's they ranged from $99.99 to $129.99 - So I bought a pais of the $99.99's.

We left the fishing area and headed for the south side of the show and we travelled for 10-15 minutes to get there, down at least 10 escalators - quite a hoof!!!!!!

There were fewer outfitters and we passed on the hunting area and dog show area.

We thought we had a major complaint - NO BEER sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the event is in downtown, you are able to have your hand stamped and you can in and out as you please. There are chip /sausage trucks outside with good prices. There are many bars with a block and half of the front doors, so we hit East Side Marios for a thirst quencher or two.......

Back to show for a final go around and then the walk to the bus depot for the relaxing trip back to Kingston.

The BUS is the way to go, the Mega-Bus cost us $31.50 each (internet purchases only) RETURN............. and we were comfortble and relaxed getting home, with NO driving and no TRAFFIC..

We'll go back as I'm sure the organizers will make modifications and tweeking the show for next year.

Cheers

David aka Superdad