Planning a fishing trip home.

larson 180

My father has lived around Morrisburg his whole life, first time I saw him in 35yrs was last Easter when I lost my younger brother (I live in Alberta) spent a week last September but no luck with the fishing. I am taking my family back home this summer for two weeks just wondering if anybody would help with a few questions I have, what would be the best two weeks of summer when the kids are out of school to catch some fish, and I am not asking for anybodies honey hole but what would be some good lakes for, bass, pike, walleye and of course the fish of a thousand casts that I dream of catching the muskie. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

the ottawa river and st lawrence rivers are both world class musky fisheries. i believe musky opens around the 3rd saturday in june. that would probably be the best time to go other than late october, early november. walleye fishing is good when it opens as well. check the regulations and plan to go before the water really warms up.

Trevy is right, in that area your best bet is to fish the Ottawa or St. Lawrence. They have all of the fish are hoping to catch. Those are some mighty bigh waters to probe when you have limited time. If you really want to catch a muskie I woudl recommend hiring a guide, it will be worth every penny. If you do that, they will help you pick a time that is best. Musky doesn't open up until teh end of june as Trevy pointed out which coincides with the kids beuing out of school. Your best bet is probably to right at teh beginning of summer or toward steh end of august if you want to catch a muskie. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks guys, last september we tried the st lawrence, the rideau, and a little lake called loc garry, no luck. I think we are heading back the first two weeks of july, so hopefully some better luck. One thing I have to say is alot more bodies of water to choose from compared to out here, cant wait. Our open water fishing starts the first week of may, cant wait for another season on open water. Again thanks.