Purdy Lake ???

FISHINGNUT

Any one ever fish or know someone that has fished this lake? Was looking for a cottage to rent this summer and found a beautifull place to rent on this lake.Wanted to know what the fishing was like before booking cant really find much info on the NET about the lake.

Thanks Jamie

It is a very gorgeous quiet lake. I have a camp near there. It has some excellent smallmouth fishing and apparently lakers and walleye. It is a fairly deep lake with most shorelines droppping off ratehr quick. It is also very clear. Blue moon retreat has the most info I have ever found for fishing on Purdy.

This what teh have to say about purdy.

Blue Moon Retreat has about 1,500 ft (300 m) of frontage on Purdy Lake which is 1.38 km in size – not a large lake; but, definitely big enough when you paddle around it. There are 3 docks at which are moored the complimentary canoes, pedal boats and row boats (which you use at your own risk). We urge you not to go onto the water without the provided life jacket – all requirements and special needs in this area please contact JoAnne. Of course, all standard rules of water safety should be followed (e.g. always having a bailing pail). We are sorry to say that we do not provide fishing gear; if you do not have your own, you can always pick up an inexpensive rod and reel at one of the local stores (e.g. general store in Combermere (also have bait) or Canadian Tire in Bancroft or the hardware store in Barrys Bay).

Our smaller guests have a lot of fun catching fish right from the docks. What a joy to watch their reactions.

The guests interested in more serious fishing normally take one of the water craft out. One of the favorite spots in just at the drop off to the west end of the island. Another is across the lake where the creek comes in. But as always with fishing, you never know, often a fisherman returning from further out will catch some right along in front of the resort.

Purdy Lake is designated a lake trout lake and to protect them a building freeze has been imposed. We are told that lake trout will only live in very clean water and thus their presence attests to the quality of the lake water. In the lake there are also bass and pickerel. Some of our guests have quite some luck in catching fish.

I woudl focus on shorelines. Like I was saying before, it is pretty deep and has steep shorelines/dropoffs. there are a couple of shallower area at either end of the lake where water enters and leaves from what I can remember. There is also one island in teh middle of the lake from what I remember and we caught some bass around it. If you are going for lakers, bring soem sonar unless you are going after ice out. Its small enough, so exploring the whole thing won't be too much of a challange. Good luck and have fun, I think you will like it there.