Log Jam Chromer on a Tough Day!!

StoneFly

It was a pretty Tough Go today, saw quite a few Anglers out,..but not many fish,..so I approached the last log Jam before calling it a day,....I decided to Giver a drift or 3,...not caring if I would break off, so I buried it deep in the Wood,..lol. sure enough..I felt a very light tap and set the hook hard and this pretty Silver Girl came out to play, I locked the reel down with my finger and Began Pulling her out of the Wood,...she was a little stubborn about it though,...just then I lost may balance and landed up on my butt, but luckily I kept the line tight,..so I kept fighting her from the sitting position for what felt like 10 seconds,....(Now I know why the arm chair guys do it in August,..lmao)...when I felt the chance I quickly got to my feet and continued subduing the princess, she really wanted back in those logs,...but I finally landed her, thanks again Mr. FrogHair!!.

Thanks to buddy who took the pic for me,..I think he is from this board,...musta been a laugh watching me fall down and still fight the fish.

Sorry about the quality,..my Digi still aint workin right,..so the pics are Bass Pro Specials.

1-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

5-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

Yes, I only Caught one Fish,..so Took 4 pics...lol, is that wrong?

Also, I had to add this one,...my buddy and I on a different river,..nothing hitting,..so he did some 'Float' fishing..a different LogJam...lol,...Got 9 in total I think, I was just waitin for him to crash though.

6-1.jpg

Cheers,

I was laughing the whole time,..lol,..thats why I took the pic,....Really hilarious woulda been someone taking the pic of me Fighting that fish today on my backside....;):lol:

Lol... It sure would.

I had a similar experience...

I remember this year I hooked into a good 10lb fish and I then realized i was knee deep in mud and had no way to escape. It started to run downstream and i had absolutely no control over it. I clamped down on the reel, but it sadly snapped the leader. After i lost the fish it took me a good 5 mins. to get out of the mud. :rolleyes:

Edited by tibbs

log jam OOS what are you talking about..... That is my favorite spot to fish rainbows this time of year... Open river open structure..

you need to re-read the regs LOL

Quiet Down Chorus Boy...'Im too sick and getting maried to fish'..booo hoooooo.....lol....are you really sick or are you just doing the womanly stuff around the house?..WHippped...booooooya....lol just kidding ya big 'tub a guts'...lol......oh by the way your Brown roe is starting to lose its shelf life, so Im gonna have to freeze it very soon....

It was a pretty Tough Go today, saw quite a few Anglers out,..but not many fish,..so I approached the last log Jam before calling it a day,....I decided to Giver a drift or 3,...not caring if I would break off, so I buried it deep in the Wood,..lol. sure enough..I felt a very light tap and set the hook hard and this pretty Silver Girl came out to play, I locked the reel down with my finger and Began Pulling her out of the Wood,...she was a little stubborn about it though,...just then I lost may balance and landed up on my butt, but luckily I kept the line tight,..so I kept fighting her from the sitting position for what felt like 10 seconds,....(Now I know why the arm chair guys do it in August,..lmao)...when I felt the chance I quickly got to my feet and continued subduing the princess, she really wanted back in those logs,...but I finally landed her, thanks again Mr. FrogHair!!.

Thanks to buddy who took the pic for me,..I think he is from this board,...musta been a laugh watching me fall down and still fight the fish.

Sorry about the quality,..my Digi still aint workin right,..so the pics are Bass Pro Specials.

Yes, I only Caught one Fish,..so Took 4 pics...lol, is that wrong?

Also, I had to add this one,...my buddy and I on a different river,..nothing hitting,..so he did some 'Float' fishing..a different LogJam...lol,...Got 9 in total I think, I was just waitin for him to crash though.

6-1.jpg

Cheers,

No problem on the pic

LOL! Yeah, that was a little funny. Nice job though, never saw anybody fight a fish on their butt before. Good fishing! Nice talking to you and your buddy yesterday. See ya on the river again.

Edited by rbell

Nice chrome bullet Stonefly.

I've been in a few situations where I've had to fight fish from the seat of my pants and on a couple occasions, from my belly...Earlier this spring, while fighting a fish, I slid into the river and fell onto my butt...Only thing was water began pouring into the top of my waders :wallbash: