Thames Trouting

jjcanoe

Well, it finally happened, hell froze over and I caught a trout during the trout derby, as opposed to catching one during the walleye derby, which seems to happen!

The TRAA gang met up at the hatchery at the crack of 7 this morning, about 10 guys dragged themselves out of bed to be there on time, (I was not one of them) My wife elbowed my at 6:50 this morning and asked me if I was supposed to be fishing right now D'OH! get dressed, hit timmies, get to the river at about 7:30 and the guys were already geared up and headed down .

This year started off with slow with the guys getting a few smallmouth, and then a few silver bass and then a few walleye,

After about 2 hours of drifting single eggs, I decided to switch up to some plastics I brought and get me a nice bass or 2. That didn't happen, but seeing that it was the Trout derby I did manage one small walleye about 10-11" on a 5" soft plastic swimbait.

About 10:45 I cast out into the faster water and just as I flipped my bail closed line started screaming off the reel Fish On! I hadn't even started reeling yet. Here's the results. Some times it pays to sleep in!

Thanks to Beats for taking the pics for me

101_0731.jpg

101_0734.jpg

101_0735.jpg

jjcanoe