Lake Simcoe (help)

xrap

I might be heading out to simcoe for a trip next week and I'm not to fimliar with the bays and the whole lake. Were planning on just going and having some fun catch a few fish here and there. Not planning on getting a guide or renting a hut. Can anyone share with my a popular spot or some spot there and maybe were to park. The fish were planning on catching are perch crappie or pikerel, doesn't really matter aslong as something is biting.

Hey xrap,

If you're just up to scoot around for the day you should go for some perch as they are accessible within a short walk from shore and are readily available. Lots of areas to access the lake but parking is tricky. Most of the hut operators will let you park at their place for a fee and you can set out on foot from there. Tons of info on Simcoe within these pages so browse away and enjoy. As a novice I can tell you it's not too complicated. Good luck out there!

xrap

FISH SIMCOE QUITE OFTEN, YOU CAN PARK AT KEIFFERS OLD MARINA NEAR ROCHES PONT AND WALK OUT FROM THERE.. ALSO YOU CAN GET BAIT AT HARRY'S ON THE RIVER WHERE THE BRIDGE CROSSING THE RIVER..

FOR THE MAIN LAKE I WOULD GO TO WILLOW BEACH NEAR THE SALVATION ARMY CAMP AND WALK OUT FOR THE BIGGER GUYS,

IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CALL ME AT THE STORE TOMORROW

(416) 651-6436

DAVE