Van "camping" this weekend

splashhopper

My daughter is having a party at our home tomorrow night and my wife is in Toronto.... so, I am batching it this weekend...

Gonna FISH MY BRAINS OUT :P

Heading up along Lake Huron where the night time temps are supposed to drop down to 4 C :o

No problem... I have my van loaded with a down-filled comforter... pillows... two extra blankets... change of clothes...(a couple of layers worth )...lots of gas... cooler full of food

I also brought a 50ft power cord and a plug in heater in case that ain't enough. (Should be able to find a friendly gas station to plug in to if needed... or just drive home and put up with a bunch of University students :angry: )

Oh yeah,,, and my fishing gear and canoe...

If you see a half frozen Michelin man driving a red van with a sportspal canoe on the roof heading SOUTH... you know I froze my ass off :lol:

If not, I should be heading north and meeting up with a fellow OFC'er on the Saugeen somewhere...

Splashhopper

I did a lot of "van camping" and....yes the dampness is a problem. In any event, the interior of the van will quickly get to the same temperature as outside. Might as well reduce the dampness by opening the windows and the back doors for the night. There are no bugs at this time of the year anyway.

In the morning, you can always start up the van and turn on the heating, listen to the radio and get dressed after a few minutes. It's nice to get into warm dry clothes in the morning.

This is my favourite time of the year for wilderness camping/fishing. Temperatures at night in my area are around the freezing point at night.