Costa Rica for Tarpon

Ok so it's a little far and not exactly cheap, but the trip of a lifetime. Peak season is...now, with a near guarantee of trophy fish and memories to last a lifetime . I had the trip planned with a friend who unforunately has to bow out to take care of his business, so wanted to see if any avid fishermen on the board are interested. I was in the southern part of Costa Rica this spring and hired a local guide, hooked up maqny and landed a few fish in the 100 - 150 lb class.

I'm booking this trip because the tarpon fishing is unbelievable and I thought that a dedicated lodge (Silver King Lodge) would be the best way to go about things this time to ensure the best bang (# of fish) for the buck (plus this is a relatively untouched remote jungle area only accessible by plane).

Last time I flew from Detroit to San Juan for about $300 CDN (yes $300 CDN!). Toronto is slightly more expensive. The lodge which includes transportation (plane) to the lodge, all food, booze, english speaking guide, and fishing (jungle fish, open water fish (sailfish, wahoo etc are also available...and of course TARPON up to 200 lbs) is ~ $800 day which doesn't seem all that bad when you consider what you get. If you have fished for tarpon you know what to expect. If you haven't then it isn't a huge learning curve. You may already have much of the equipment and lures you need?

Interested? Give me a shout.

• 5 months later...