Motor Repair Help

skankbutta

I'm just wondering if maybe someone with a little motor knowledge could give me a little help. I made a mistake and overestimated my memory when taking apart my Mercontrol unit. Now I can't remember exactly what goes where. I have an idea, but maybe someone can shed a little more light on this so I don't go throwing things in reverse.

The motor is a 1965 Mercury 350 35HP.

I think I have determined that this piece attaches to the throttle cable. The little black lever is used for cold starting.

3840620371_54ef5a19aa.jpg

That lever moves that thing in the middle when everything is connected. What I am wondering is what position it is currently in? Is the throttle activated when that screw with the little black cap is up against the unit, or is it not?

3841410142_5b939acfd0.jpg

This piece goes in the middle of the control box.

3840622671_de3a24048c.jpg

This piece is for the shifting cable. I was wondering if there is any way to tell where neutral is either from this piece, or some other way. I can manually pull the cables out which control the shifting mechanism, so it isn't hard to set it.

3840621533_7a173ff30f.jpg

When I attach everthing and pull the lever, it moves this piece. I am assuming this controls forward, neutral, and reverse.

3840618187_5fc0f65607.jpg

Now I attempted to manually pull the cable and see if i can determine where neutral was. Would pulling it all the way out be considered max forward? Or am I way off base here.

I think I am close to figuring out what goes where, but need to determine where my neutral is and where my cold start needs to be when fully down.

Thanks for any help. If you need any more info, please don't hesitate to ask.