Isolator problems

wgk36

I had a battery isolator installed in May by my dealer. They aren't very popular in Qubec. Most people opt for selector switches (A, B) and handle the task manually. I recently noticed that when my trolling motor battery drains 100%, the 15A fuse on the main engine burns. The dealer checked the isolator and all the connections. He says that everyhting is o.k. For the time being, I'm carrying extra fuses and keeping a close eye on the battery level. Any suggestions what could be causing my troubles?

Thanks

I'nm suspecting that the fuse is blowing because the battery is drained too far down and the charging system is going into overload trying to recuperate. I prefer the ABC switch too.

This happens when the main engine is not running. I only realize the fuse is burnt when I go to starty the engine, and all electrical is dead.

This happens when the main engine is not running. I only realize the fuse is burnt when I go to starty the engine, and all electrical is dead.

I'm only taking a stab at this, I'm almost sure that the fuse is on the solenoid for the starter motor, and that the "dead battery is causing an overload trying to recuperate. Just for experiments sake, disconnect the trolling motor battery before you restart your main motor and see if it still blows the fuse.